Thursday, August 7, 2008

Eatin' Some Corn...

After picking our sweet corn in the garden Tuesday night, Colette had the opportunity to cook it up for supper tonight.


This isn't the first time our kids have had the opportunity to eat sweet corn. Colette had bought some at the store for supper one night last week. It didn't work out the way we had hoped, the kids were not the least bit interested in that corn. Lauren had sore gums from teething, and B was just not into eating the corn that night. So, Colette and I ate about six ears each.


Tonight was a far different story. Maybe picking the corn on Tuesday night solidified the fun of picking our own corn and then eating it. Maybe Lauren's gums weren't so sore tonight from teething. Not sure what got into them, but they both ate all their sweet corn tonight.


Colette held the corn for Lauren, and B ate his on his own. They both really cleaned up and seemed to enjoy the corn. I have to admit it was pretty good too. I think we'll plant more next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment