Tonight we had the opportunity to finally get in the garden and pick some sweet corn.
Brayton had helped me plant it earlier this year, he actually tossed the seeds all over the place when I gave them to him to put in the furrows, but nontheless some of the corn came up and did fairly well.
I reminded him of when we planted it, I'm uncertain if he actually remembered but hopefully he did. He just looked at me with a blank stare.
We went out and picked about a dozen ears, but only eight were any good. I think I didn't plant enough of it for it to fully fertilize itself. I thought about bagging it but never got around to it.
He really seemed to enjoy getting in there and picking the corn, I think he just liked being in the garden and pulling the ears off the stalks. We proceeded to shuck the corn together and tossed the husks in the compost pile. Not sure he fully understands why we did it, hopefully I can get it to sink in tomorrow when we eat the corn for dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment