Hope this post finds everyone well after a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. I had a nice 5 day weekend, spending Wednesday through Sunday with my favorite people in the whole world. Wednesday we took the opportunity to have our annual family photos taken. The kids did a great job smiling for their pictures, we made it into a contest to see who could produce the biggest smiles. Well, I have to tell you they both had lots of smiles and were focused on the camera with minimal influence needed by Colette or I. This was the best set of photos taken yet.
Thursday, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal prepared by my lovely wife. She is a wonderful cook, and it was definitely a bad day to be my pants (admittedly, I stole this line)...Later that afternoon, Brayton helped me tear down the old swing set. He was kind of sad to see it go, but knows I've got plans to build a bigger and better one next spring. This one was rebuilt from an old neighbors swing set and some of the lumber is approaching 20 years old now, so it was time.
Friday, we spent at the Science Center of Iowa, had a nice picnic, and played lots of card games. Saturday, my brother Ryan and his family from Omaha came to Des Moines and stayed in a local hotel. We swam in the pool and ate pizza. Both our kids were so tired by the end of the evening that at 730 Brayton was begging us to take him home so he could go to bed. Quite an evening.
Sunday, was our nephew and Godchild Isaac John Meyer's baptism at Holy Trinity Catholic Church. Colette and I are so honored to be able to be Isaac's Godparents. We had a wonderful time at Matt & Audra's afterward, seeing family and eating to excess again. Outstanding is all I can say.
Hope this finds anyone who reads it well, and that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am certainly fortunate to be able to say I have alot to be thankful for. I hope I never forget that.




No comments:
Post a Comment