We are entering a who new era with Lauren this month. As you might have already read in some of the previous blogs that Lauren started potty training 6 days ago. She is doing fantastic, and we are all very proud of her!
Doug and I decided this week that since we were trying new things ~like Hello Kitty undies, that we might as well say Bye Bye suckie! Suckie is what Lauren has called her pacifier. In the last month or so she has used it only in bed for naps and bedtime. Last night was the night we said good bye. Not technically, I must admit, I did ambush her with the plan. We did our bedtime routine as usual, then up to her room for her favorite book (Opposites by Sandra Boynton, it's her favorite because there are pictures of balloons, she LOVES balloons!) Then she got a drink of water, lights out and then prayers and snuggles. She was really doing great, then all of the sudden,"SUCKIE, SUCKIE!!" I continue to ignore it and snuggle, then she said,"Poop!" (this still sometimes means pee) Well, being in the early phase of potty training, I always take them when they say that. I want them to always know and trust that Mommy will take care of their needs. So, I proceed to take her to the potty and she squirts out just enough to make the venture seem somewhat necessary. We go back to our snuggles, again says,"SUCKIE, SUCKIE", no response, then,"Poop". Ok, I see the stall tactics here little lady, nite nite Lauren. :) She did cry for about 10 minutes or so, then had a peaceful night! Yeah!!! You are such a big girl!!!!!!! I love you Lauren Claire~Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment