Sunday, October 5, 2008

Starting to really talk, talk, talk...

Lauren has really been talking alot lately. She has started putting sentences together rather than just the one word type of communication you get when they start to talk.


Yesterday, when the kids took their naps, Colette took the van to get it washed and the inside vacuumed out. While she was gone, Lauren woke up from her nap and I went and got her. We sat in my chair and watched a little football while eating a few goldfish crackers.


At one point, Lauren looked up at me and said "Where's Mommy?" I said "Mommy will be home soon." She looked at me and said, "I want Mommy." She actually said this three different times, "Where's Mommy?" and then after my explanation, she'd say "I want Mommy."


The other phrase she's been saying alot lately is "Hi Baby!" I always say that to her when I come home from work or get her up from a nap. She only recently has started saying it, to me, to other children. I'm not certain that she understands that she is the baby, but it's very cute when she does say it.



No comments:

Post a Comment