Tonight, Colette went scrapbooking at Archivers. It's something that's fun for her to do, and get's her out of the house on a friday night. Her scrapbooking is like my blogging, it's a way to record our kids lives and to be able to relive all the great times we've had.
When Colette left for Archivers, there was a deck of cards on the kitchen counter. I thought we hadn't played slapjack for a few weeks, so I asked Brayton if he wanted to play. Of course, I didn't anticipate Lauren would like it so much.
As Brayton and I started playing, Lauren was off on the other side of the living room playing on her own. When she heard all of Brayton's excitement, she naturally crawled over to see what we were doing.
She got quite a kick out of Brayton's squealing and slapping the cards was quite fun for all of us. Lauren thought it was so funny, she was bursting out with her little belly laugh. I didn't want to leave her out, so I started dealing cards to Lauren, and without any coaching from me, she would slap them too and giggle and giggle and giggle.
By the time I decided to film this little game, most of the giggles had worn off. Pretty typical. I'm always a bit too late to get the really good footage. However, what I did capture is pretty neat in itself.
You may notice that it's rather hard to film with one hand, deal cards, and play slapjack with the other. Oh well.
Enjoy.
About a week later Grandpa Gordon and Grandma Cindy decided to go to Des Moines just to visit Doug and Colette's family. We met at HyVee for brunch and then headed to the Blank Park Zoo. It was fun taking the kids on a train ride (Lauren with Grandma and Brayton with Grandpa). We walked all over the zoo and looked at all the animals in the 90 degree weather. There was a place or two with light water spray and we enjoyed "cooling off". When Grandpa was tired, we decided to go home--kids and Grandpa to bed, mom and dad to church, Grandma babysitting. Grandma rocked Brayton before he went to sleep--he reminded Grandma he needed his socks on and the ceiling fan wasn't turning. We got those things fixed and he went right down to sleep. When the kids got up, it was on with swimming suits and out to the deck to play in the water table. Then we picked some beans and peas from Doug's garden, cleaned the vegetables and ate lunch before heading home. Yes, you can make the trip in a day and have lots of fun time together.
ReplyDelete