Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My babies are leaving...

Brayton and Lauren are leaving.

They are going to Grandma Cindy and Grandpa Gordon's house for the weekend.

I probably wont see them when I get up and go to work in the morning.

They will be gone when I get home from work tomorrow.

I miss them already.

I came to this realization while wrestling around with both of them tonight on the living room floor. I was between tickling Lauren and showing Brayton how to lay on his back and toss the ball in the air and catch it on the way down (the stuff Fathers are supposed to teach their sons). I won't see them again until Sunday.

That is a long time.

It will be nice to get after some long overdue projects. It will be nice to go out to dinner with Colette. It will be nice to sleep in until 7am with out any disruptions. It will be nice to go to Mass and actually listen to the Homily. It will be nice to take a nap on Sunday afternoon without being woke up.

But they won't be here and it won't be the same.

I miss them already.

1 comment:

  1. You are right, Doug, all of those things are nice--for a short while. It is at times when family members are apart, we realize that with all the little things we may dislike about any relationship, there are the wonderful memories / activities / daily normalalities that tug at our heartstrings and the absence makes our love grow stronger. Sorry about coming back for mass--you didn't get to listen to a homily, really. Too many hugs, kisses, questions, etc. happening upon the reunion!

    ReplyDelete