Here I sit, contemplating the profoundness of this writing.
I have been intending to start this blogroll for some time now. Considering the fact that my family is more important to me than anything else in this earthly world, I believe its high time I do a better job documenting it. I pray that I will be able to continue writing about the day to day life of our family for years to come. I hope that Brayton and Lauren will be able to sit back one day and read about their lives and have a profound understanding of what their lives mean to Colette and I. I hope that they will be able to see the context of their lives and be able to appreciate that we have tried to always keep their best long term interests at heart - regardless of the short term consequences.
My desire today is to keep this blog secret from them. Someday, maybe when they get married or maybe when I'm on my deathbed I will tell them about it. I hope this is the right choice and that they will not feel like I've been keeping a secret from them for all of these years.
Colette has done a wonderful job documenting their lives in photographs and home movies. If I get the opportunity I will upload these items as well. We have gone to great pain to burn these photos and movies to DVD's but in a day an age that these mediums change about every five years, I think that uploading this data into a blog will give this information the best chance for long term survival. The computer could crash, the house could burn down, the safe deposit box at the bank could be stolen. But I firmly believe Google (the owner of Blogger) will be around 25 years from now, so I think this data will be safe and preserved for all to read when the time is right.
I will grant very limited access to this post. I will let Colette post for sure, maybe Grandmas and Grandpas will post if they wish. But, I hope this turns into a first hand account of the growth and value of life from a parents perspective that will be read someday by our children and grant a great amount of joy to Brayton and Lauren. Maybe I will be even be able to provide my children some fatherly advice when they are in a delimma with their own children.
So, here I go on this years long journey, I pray my Brayton and Lauren and any subsequent unborn children will appreciate this history of their lives and that I will enjoy writing it as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment